Friday, October 30, 2009

Mommy date

Yes tonight was just a girl's night. The boys all went camping and Sophie and I had a mommy night. I must say 4 years ago when I found out I was pregnant again I was a little(totally) terrified of having a girl. When my friend Marsha and then my pastor said they were praying for a girl I knew I didn't stand a chance. For those of you who know me I am very much a tomboy. But Sophie came and it is so nice to have some pink and lace around. She has completely balanced out our family. I am so thankful God(and Pastor and Marsha) knew exactly what I needed. So back to my one-on-one time .. we made the most of it. We dropped the boys off and what did we do, we shopped of course. Straight to Target to pick up "jewels" to put on her crown to go with her princess costume. We walked hand and hand through the clothes, shoes, books and make-up without having to say don't throw that or don't climb on that. Then we bought sparkly pink fingernail polish. After a yummy meal we went to the pet store to "pet" the animals. Then to Toys and Co. to peruse the aisles. I got some great ideas for Christmas. After that I introduced Sophie to the girl store,Starbucks of course, and we had a smoothie and talked about when she was a baby. Then onto the movie store to get a chick-flick. Nothing with testosterone I assure you. Back home to snuggle and watch a princess movie. Now she is asleep in my bed.

Oh my precious girl. I am so thankful for you. I pray that you find Jesus early, that you know Him, love Him and serve Him with all your heart. Mommy loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment