Friday, October 23, 2009

MMM! Smells like a boy.

I love the smell of my boys after a day outside. We went on a mini-trip to visit my mom and sister at the beginning of the week. The weather was wonderful and the kids had a great time playing with their cousin, Taylor. Taylor's house has these great pine trees to climb in and as monkey's will they climbed all day. (Sorry about the broken branches Uncle Bud). At the end of the day I left the kids overnight at my mom's because I had to work on Tuesday. As I was leaving I bent down to kiss and hug them and I was struck by how good my boys smelled.(Not that Sophie didn't but it was just different) They smelled like sunshine, fresh air, dirt, pine and sweat. I love that smell. To me that smell means we had a great day exploring and enjoying God's creation. To me that smell is pure boy. To me that smell is innocence. To me that smell is why I home school. I didn't want to leave. I good have just held them and sniffed them forever. Thank you God for my smelly boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment