Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Windows to the soul

The eyes. For my daddy they could say it all. He had the most amazing eyes I have ever seen. As I am cleaning up and putting things away today I was going through some pictures of Daddy and in each picture it was his eyes that drew my attention. I am not even sure what color they are because it would change on a regular basis. Those eyes could shine brilliant green when filled with happiness or turn gray when angry. It was those eyes that told me this summer how very sick my daddy was. It was those eyes with a look could make you fall in the floor with laughter. It was those eyes, those eyes were the window to his soul. Those eyes could show all his emotions. Those eyes spoke volumes even when he never said a word. If you know me then you know I have those eyes. For that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment