Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My daddy was a goofball. He was always acting up, cutting jokes(more likely than not they were highly inappropriate) and playing practical jokes. As I got older I used to pick on him and tell my friends, not to mind Daddy he wasn't house-trained yet but we were working on it.


Each winter the snow makes me think of this little black dog we had one year. Daddy had beagles and he hunted rabbits, so, he never wanted to have other dogs influencing his rabbit dogs. But one winter my sister's friend, Dawn, brought me a black puppy. It was the sweetest little dog. Daddy immeditately named the dog what I thought was DeeDee. I asked him later why, he said D.D. was for Damn Dawn. Needless to say I was thinking the same thing a few weeks later when the dog got parvo and died in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment