Tuesday, February 9, 2010

They're here

We were going along this afternoon when Ethan decided to go check on our very pregnant cat and came running in and said, "Mama there's a baby in the box." We proceeded to go outside and watch our cat have 3 kittens. We then realized that one kitten was struggling and not moving. I repeatedly tried to get the Mama to love on her but she would turn her back. So, we called a friend of ours who is a vet and she said to keep it warm and wait. I told Ethan that the kitten was probably not going to make it. Oh, how he cried. He has such a big heart. He said, "Mama can I hold while it dies." I stood there as my 6 year old son stood there talking to the cat and to God saying, "It's okay kitty, I'll keep you warm. God please help this kitty. Please don't let it die." For over and hour he held that cat and prayed. Then, I told Ethan we needed to let it be with it's Mama. It had not moved and had been barely breathing. We put it in the box and watched as the cat proceeded to have 2 more babies. Then the little white one started moving and wiggling and trying to nurse. I stood there in amazement as the Mama started licking it and Ethan said look Mama look. And then he summed the whole experience up when he shouted, "Praise the Lord!"







Our glimpse of God

No comments:

Post a Comment