Saturday, February 13, 2010

bedtime with Sophie

Goes something like this.
Sophie: Mommy, "I don't want to sleep in my room. I am scared."

Me: "It's okay Sophie I am going to get my jammies on and come snuggle you and rub your back. Go get in bed."

Sophie goes to her room. 30 seconds later

Sophie: "I don't want to sleep with you I want to sleep with the boys."
Translation: I want to go play and talk with the boys.

Me: "Remember tomorrow is Sunday, we have church, we can't do a sleepover in the boys floor tonight. I will be right there. Get in the bed."

Sophie goes to her room. 1 minute later.

Sophie: " Mommy, I want to sleep in the boys room. If you say no I will be very angry. If you say yes I will not be very angry."

Me as I try not to laugh: "Sophie it is okay to be angry but my answer is no.

Sophie goes to the boys room.

Sophie: "Mommy, I asked Ethan if I can sleep in his floor and he said it was okay. So, I will get my pillow. Okay."

Me: " Sophie, no means no. Get in the bed and do not get out."

As we speak she is dramatically crying.

She is persistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment