Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Little thoughts

I have had a whirlwind of activity the last few weeks. I have been busy and waiting for things to slow down. I have been falling into bed exhausted and sleeping through my alarm. There have been some good things. While my husband was a way for work friends, family and I redid our bedroom for Valentine's day. We finally have a "love nest". He loves it.
The boys and I were able to take a long bike ride and enjoy some warmer weather. Great quality time. The family took a hike on Saturday.

But there have been some hard times. We have been dealing with a situaion that was really hard. We have been on this roller coaster ride. We would see the end and then it really wasn't over. We have had close friends praying and hoping for this situation to be over. But here we are a week later and we are still there. God didn't answer our prayers the way we had hoped but He is still God and He is still good. I have felt His peace and comfort. I have seen Him take a situation that could have caused division in my marriage and I have seen Him make us like-minded. I have seen His protection. He has put people of wisdom in our path to confirm things. The situation has not changed but i have. I am not worried or consumed by it. I am believing that God will answer our prayers, it may be next week, next month or next year but I am trusting. Because He is God, He is still on His throne and that is a very comforting thought.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you!!!!! I am so sorry I missed you last night for coffee. Had a new baby this morning!!!!!!
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I haven't read your blog in a while but I will be lifting you up these next few weeks. So glad that you have been able to see God's hand even though the answers haven't come as you've expected. Love you.

    ReplyDelete