Thursday, January 6, 2011

Homeschool



Okay, so you can imagine that right now I would like to pull my hair out and give up on the whole homeschool thing but I won't. Right now I have a lot on my plate then to add school. It is a little overwhelming. But God is faithful. In November I decided that what we were doing with school was not working. I did not have the time to plan and execute my own curriculum so we started over with a new program called Winters Promise. It is laid out for me step by step what to do. God knew that I would need this with handling Dad's estate and Mom getting ready to have surgery even though I had no idea what was coming. Isn't it amazing how he prepares the way when we have no idea what the future holds. Thank God He does and today I am thankful I put aside my pride and the thoughts of wasted money and did what he said. So, our studies are Hideaways in history. WE are doing a overview of world history and we make " hideaways". So, we started today with the first one. We are talking about the first forms of writings and cave paintings. Here is our cave with my boys "painting". Pretty cool.


Just one day at a time. Doing the next thing. Not just surviving today.

2 comments:

  1. I have days were I wonder if my kids are learning anything and then days where I know I would not want it any other way.
    We are in NC too

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys look like they are having a great time learning! Hang in there!
    We miss you!
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete