Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thankful

A day where I didn't have to leave before my kids were up.
A day where we were all sleeping under the same roof.
A morning where my early bird climbed in the bed with me and went back to sleep.
A morning where there were no phone calls.
A morning everyone slept in.
A day of reading and snuggling.
A day I was able to cook for my children.
A day where there was no checklist to complete.
A day where I didn't have to go anywhere.
A day school was quick and easy.
An afternoon of swinging.
An after lunch bike ride.
Popsicle stained faces.
Trampoline wrestling.
Watching my kids enjoy each other as I enjoy a hot cup of joe.
Listen to there laughter as I type on the computer.
Smothering there sweet faces with kisses.
Fixing their favorite supper.
My mom who likes to help whenever I need it.
An opportunity to go away for the weekend when all the other stuff is done.
My sweet sister-in-law who embraces 40.
New Chai tea recipe
Leaves on the kitchen floor.
Singing a new song
Days where the normal is a welcome change and a reminder to count all the little things as big blessings.

1 comment: