Saturday, November 21, 2009

ARRGH Mateys!!

Today was a full day. Caden turns 5 in a few days and we had his birthday party today. I am a cheap-o when it comes to parties, but my kids seem to enjoy them. We have a great place to play so we just have a giant play date. The theme this year was pirates so we made map-like invitations, the kids and I made a cannonball pinata, we had a treasure chest b-day cake, ate cannonballs(grapes) and fish(goldfish), drank ale(tang), they walked the plank(which landed in a huge pile of leaves), and finished up with a treasure hunt. It took weeks of planning and it was over in two hours but it was so worth it. Caden gave me a big hug and said it was "perfect". The smile on his face and twinkle in his eyes would make me do it all over again tomorrow.
I will be posting pictures later. Time for this matey to hit the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment