Monday, February 28, 2011

The little things.

I have just finished reading this book 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp over at http://www.aholyexperience.com. This is one of those life-changing books. Thank you Lord for this book and the work I see you doing in my heart through it. Lord, thank you that I didn't miss what happened in Ethan's game on Saturday. What may have seemed insignificant was truly from You. How else can you explain a grown woman jumping up and down with tears streaming down her face because a basket was scored. Not because the game was won but because I watched a Godly man not care about the score but about the hearts of the players. I watched as a whole team rallied around "the least of these" to help him get a basket. They spent 2 quarters of the game getting the ball to the this little bit of a boy who can't even get the ball to the rim in hopes he would score. Each player watched for an opportunity for him to be open and would get him the ball. Shot after shot. Not even close. Then it looked like the whole team made a wall for him and the other team even backed off. Up, goes the ball and swish. The delight and joy on this little boys face and the parents,they were beyond proud. No one wants their kid to be the only one without a basket the entire season. Troy and I had been praying that each player would score this season. Not only did he answered but every player scored in the last game of the season and they won by two points. God is good and I have no doubt He cares about the little things. Go Dragons!

1 comment: