Monday, April 12, 2010

holy experience


I had trouble getting up and getting started this morning. The kids were content to snuggle up close in the bed and I really did not want to face the day. A list of endless chores, errands and math test were taunting me with the fact that I would never get to it all. I am defeated before my feet hit the floor, that nasty lying voice in my ear convincing me how worthless I am because there are 5 loads of laundry to be folded and 3 to be washed, a floor to be vaccumed and I am not sure what was in that container in the back of the fridge. But then I a quieter, calmer voice says I love you my daughter and a clean house(or not so clean house) will change that. Remember I am your helper and shield. You can do this, I am with you. So, I make the choice to get up and by the time I am downstairs there is a smile on my face and three excited children ready for the day begging for my pancakes. By the time breakfast is over the cloud has lifted
I am thankful for...

31. clothes to wear
32. food to eat
33. woods to get poison ivy in
34. friends who see if you are following through on exercising
35. snuggles
36. family
37. a husband who values my input
38. a boss who wants the best for you
39. friends who pray for you
40. creeks and splashing
41. mudpies
42. salvation
43. the faith of a child
44. fun and laughter of a team
45. crockpots
46. God does not require perfection
47. a sermon that convicts
48. God working and changing my heart
49. catching my child stealing
50. women in Target bathroom who encourage me to stay firm

1 comment:

  1. great post! it's so important to watch what our attitudes are when we first wake up!

    God bless~

    ReplyDelete