Friday, April 1, 2011

Punching Bag

So, of course when I say out loud that I am living a new perspective, that I am living a life of thankfulness and when I say that I refuse to let complaints or discontent enter into my thoughts I get sucker punched. In fact, I have felt like the enemy is using my as a punching bag. I have struggled with my reaction, was it in faith, was it Godly. And as I started to punch myself a dear friend reminded me that Jesus had emotions, God gave us emotions. I just can't allow myself to be ruled by those emotions or let myself stay there too long. What freedom!!!
Today, as I absorbed yet another blow, as angry, frustrated tears ran down my face I knew my Creator was absorbing the blow too. He was feeling my hurt. As, I was rambling on to God about all this I felt Him gently tug me and saying lay back against me and breathe. I hold your every moment. Let me calm this raging sea. I will walk with you and carry you when you can't go on. As, I felt His gentle whisper I felt the light start to burn as I started to repeat. I trust in you. The burden feels lighter. I will trust in you. The tears stop. Nothing is impossible for you. A smile touches my eyes. So, if I need to continue to be a punching bag I will because I will trust and obey and know He is in control of the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment