Friday, April 29, 2011

Control Freak

I admit I am a control freak. I like to play things safe. I like my calendar planned out. I like to know what the future holds. I don't like surprises, especially ones that alter my plan. I am constantly reading on how to be a better wife, mother, homeschooler and housekeeper mainly to be in control of those situations. What I had not realized was by being in control, keeping things nice and tidy in my world that I was completely leaving God out of life. By having my hands in things I was not trusting and living out my faith. While I was growing and flourishing in other areas of my walk with the Lord I had turned a blind eye to this one area and it was quickly growing like a weed and choking the "fruit" that was growing. Needless to say God gets our attention one way or the other. I am positive I have heard the small voice saying I got this. Trust in me but I was too busy planning to listen. So today I am laying it all at his feet. I am letting go with both hands instead of prying one finger off at a time. I am thinking of only today. I am trusting Him who holds tomorrow and I am enjoying the blessing of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment